The last batch of Mauser K98k rifles made by Brno after World War Two was a run in 1950 for East German border guards. These rifles have receivers marked “tgf 1950” in a style just like the wartime German arsenal codes, but where the codes were random letters, this one stands for “Tschekoslovakische Gewehr Fabrik” or Czechoslovak Rifle Factory in German. The rifles are very rare in the US, having remained in East Germany until the late 1970s, when a relationship developed between the new socialist government in Ethiopia and the DDR. A batch of the tgf 1950 Mausers was supplied to Ethiopia as military aid around this time.
Check out IO Inc’s web site for the Ethiopian arms they currently have for sale!